Skip to content
- A quick basics how-to guide to Japanese-style printmaking that I’ve used for workshops and demonstrations: japaneseprintmaking.pdf
- Woodblock.com http://www.woodblock.com Articles, encyclopedia, library – just about all you need to know.
- Woodlike Matsumura: www.woodlike.co.jp/zen3/ woodblock supplies, Japan
- McClain’s http://www.imcclains.com/ woodblock supplies, USA
- Laitinen, Kari et al., The Art and Craft of Woodblock Printmaking, University of Art and Design Helsinki, 2001- woodblock printmaking with oil-based inks and the Japanese watercolour woodcut
- Salter, Rebecca, Japanese Woodblock Printing, University of Hawaii Press, 2002. Great inexpensive introductory guide.
- Yoshida, Hiroshi, “Japanese Wood-Block Printing” Sanseido, Tokyo 1939 – the original hanga bible- expensive, but online at woodblock.com
- Yoshida, Toshi, “Japanese Print-Making”, Tuttle, 1965- many ‘contemporary’ techniques. Often found in larger libraries.